MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER III
Job Number: 00119293
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2017, 11:10:07 AM
Closing Date: Feb 1, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 73 Posting Salary: $25.774
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Various Locations Austin, GMC, OFHC. Englewood, Fantus, Woodlawn, Near South, Sengstacke, Cottage Grove, Robbins, Specialty Care Clinic
Department: Ambulatory & Community Health Network (ACHN)
Performs psychosocial assessments and formulates therapeutic plans for patients/families of diverse population, who attend an ACHN Health Center for their medical care. Utilizes resources within the Cook County Health and Hospital System as well as community resources appropriated to specific needs of patients/families, collaborates with medical and paramedical staff for provision of comprehensive social work services.
- Conduct behavioral health assessment interviews with patients and significant others (including community contacts) to determine level of care in the outpatient setting. Formulate and document treatment plan in a timely manner.
- Provide behavioral health assessment, psychotherapy, substance abuse screening and/or assessment, psychosocial support and referral services.
- Certify patients who require involuntary inpatient hospitalization. Facilitate transfer process for patients requiring an in-patient level of psychiatric care.
- Document all encounters with patients in medical record and communicate diagnoses and treatment recommendations to appropriate medical staff. Complete various clinical assessments in accordance with team policies and procedures.
- Assess patient for any suspected abuse or neglect (in accordance with Illinois State Law and CCHHS' Abuse and Neglect policies).
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives. Assess compliance with clinical and administrative policies and procedures. Attend required meetings and participates in assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Director of Social Services
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work is required. (Must provide official transcript at time of interview).
- Active License in Clinical Social Work in the State of Illinois is required. (Must provide proof of license).
- Familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office Software is required.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is required.
- Experience providing emergency and in-patient psychiatric consultations to medically ill patients is preferred.
- Certification as an Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Counselor or Board Registered as a Mental Illness-Substance Abuse Counselor (MISA I, MISA II) preferred is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Provide clear and concise documentation regarding patients and maintains this information in a confidential manner. Adheres to relevant state and federal guidelines governing patient care and treatment of sensitive information, particularly the Illinois Developmental Disability and
- Mental Health Code, the Illinois Confidentiality Code, HIPAA and EMTALA.
- Activity participates in team activities, in the larger hospital and in the community in ways that make a positive contribution to team operations. Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, trainees and patients at all times.
- Able to physically perform in terms of physical movements, vision, hearing and speech as outlined in Physical Job Description for Department of Psychiatry staff.
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills. Ability to work independently,
- Willing to provide psychiatric consultations and care to all Cook county Health and Hospital System sites, with primary responsibility of Fantus Adult Psychiatry Clinic.
- Assesses information, apply critical thinking to determine course of action and relay this information to patients, families and clinical staff. Demonstrates ability to utilize and teach appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate constructive involvement with professionals in the hospital, the agency and in the community. Develops and maintains professional relationships with court, police, human services, entitlement and governmental agencies, health services vendors and private organizations to enhance services delivery and agency image.
- Identifies professional goals and enhances job-related skills through staff development activities. Remains current on trends in clinical theory and evidence-based practice. Stays abreast of CCHHS policies and procedures, pertaining to crisis/behavior health acts accordingly.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER