ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III - PEDIATRICS
Job Number: 00119989
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2017, 10:59:35 AM
Closing Date: Jan 28, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: RWDSU Local 200 Admin Assistants BHS Posting Salary: $24.558 HOURLY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital
1901 West Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
The Administrative Assistant III provides confidential administrative support, secretarial duties, and clerical functions for the Division Chair and Division members. Duties also included is Reception area functions, scheduling, correspondence, and data entry functions.
- Provides administrative support by answering and routing phone calls
- Addresses department emails, prepares correspondence, and responds to all requests in a professional manner
- Manages meeting agendas/calendars, schedules and/or confirms meetings
- Files professional billing sheets and enters information into the database while maintaining accurate and organized records
- Creates draft supporting updates/changes to the policies and procedures
- Delivers signed paperwork to various offices as required, such as credentials verification requested material
- Copy and print peer review journal articles
- Maintains office supply inventory; reports any issues or concerns pertaining to damage and/or supply shortage
- Acts as an administrative liaison with other department and personnel throughout Cook County Health & Hospital System (CCHHS) as needed
- Performs all other related duties assigned
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong customer service and empathy skills
- Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
- Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospital System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To Take advantage of the preference a Veteran must:
- Meet minimum qualifications for the position
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering "Yes" to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215, or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation) at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD 214's, DD 215's, or NGB 22's, please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department or Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.