Do you have a passion for working with high school aged students and community partners?
Providence is calling a School Outreach Program Manager to manage our regional tobacco awareness program. This is a part-time (0.6 FTE) position, with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off. This is a unique and rewarding position that provides the opportunity to make a positive impact on the organization and surrounding communities.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and ongoing administration of the Providence Health Ambassadors Outreach specifically overseeing the established "Rebels" – teen anti-tobacco movement.
- Work closely with Providence population health leaders, community tobacco organizations, teachers and "Rebels" from the high school health services programs within the tri-county area to promote an anti-tobacco culture as well as to work with local policy makers to help support anti-tobacco policies and tobacco education outreach.
- Additional responsibilities include teaching Path to Scholarship seminars to low income and culturally diverse high school and college students and building a college financial education forum for students.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Public Health, Social Work, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Communications, Marketing, Education or related field
- Experience working with youth, schools, career counselors, teachers and community organizations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in anti- tobacco education
- Experience in Marketing or Public Relations
- Experience in financial aid/scholarships/grants
- 2 years' experience in working with underrepresented minority populations on workforce preparedness
- 1 year project management experience
- Experience working in formal education at high school level
- Public Health knowledge and experience
- Fluency in Spanish
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 148750