Location: Meridian, Idaho
Admin / Clerical
St. Luke's is seeking a Patient Financial Advocate!
The Patient Financial Advocate is accountable for making decisions supported by internal and external program policy, based on confidential financial information both from the facility and patients to determine qualification for financial assistance.
They help us support our most valuable asset: our patients!
**Have you ever worked with financial aide?
**Do you have experience doing billing and recovery?
**Have you ever worked in Revenue Cycle?
This is a full time, professional position. We hold our employees to a high standard of professionalism as they interact with our patients and third party insurance companies.
Key Skills for his job:
- Understanding of how to work a Work Queue
- Task/goal/deadline oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High level of professionalism when working with insurance companies and patients
- Phone skills - ability to clearly and calmly communicate over the phone
- Good writing skills in email communication
We have a great team who is looking for someone who wants to enjoy what they do and have fun with the people they work with!
Our schedule is FULL TIME, Monday through Friday and is eligible for our full benefits package:
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Paid time off, Sick Leave
- Life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Certification Reimbursement
- And so much more!
- Under general supervision, follows well-defined policies and procedures. Provides support to more experienced personnel by performing routine assignments, moderately difficult in nature.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommends improved procedures.
- Serves as a patient advocate in providing assistance/expertise to patients, families and other external or internal contacts.
- Works closely with patients/families and state and county caseworkers to ensure approval of state and county assistance, assisting to complete applications as needed.
- Makes calls to patients to gather sufficient information to obtain authorization and benefits collection of patient portion.
- Acts as a liaison between the patients, physicians, patient clinics, centralized billing office, and community agencies.
- Screens patients to make the determination of eligibility for internal and external assistant programs.
- Solves problems of limited complexity and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Performs duties requiring independent thought and judgment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 0 year's relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.